27 June 2006

Tuesday Random Rant

Just for the record:

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE my job. I am calling back all the recruiters on my way home tonight, and hope I don't get pulled over for not using my Cancertooth (read: Bluetooth) headset.

This is the ONLY company I've ever worked for where the CEO and Sales VP can openly make *FART JOKES* during a company meeting, yet I get *coached* for approaching our CTO at a team dinner last week in "too friendly, not professional enough" of a manner regarding celebrating a co-worker's birthday this week.

Now, had I been sitting on this person's lap, running my fingers through their hair and shoving my tongue in their ear, saying "Hey CTO, it's Fellow Professional Services Colleague's birthday next week, and he'll be in Salt Lake City ... make sure he gets some titties in his face and a blow job, ok?" ... I could see getting coached for that *immediately*, and rightfully so.

Here's how the conversation actually went:
"Hey CTO, it's Fellow Professional Services Colleague's birthday next week, and it just so happens he'll be in Salt Lake City. Perhaps ya'll can take him to the Bayou
[one of the company's favorite watering holes, although the service sucks ass] on Wednesday night and show him a good time, as I'm sure you can imagine it woud suck having to spend your birthday out of town on business and away from your family."

Guess that was just "too friendly, and not professional".

Fart jokes - 1
Birthdays - 0

On a more positive note: slid through another dental checkup, cavity free ... I miss the days of getting cool stickers for good teeth :-) Now I get a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and a $400 night guard to grind through in my sleep (*not* covered by our stellar insurance).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home