05 August 2006

A Little Ray O'Light In the Dark Wood


Well, dear readers ... I have interesting (at least to me, it's interesting) news to report:
A little ray of sunshine has made it's way into the land of my purgatory.

While things continue to be extremely uncertain around the corporate scene, it appears that I have managed to quickly work my way (one more month till the 90 day period ends ...) through the recently worst part of my professional purgatory, and into a little better scene. This week I was offered the opportunity to move into another position within the organization, now supporting our fledgling resellers. For the time being, it's a new challenge to pull me out of the daily doldrums of finding something to fill 8 hours (all but one of my current projects are on hold), and a nice vote of confidence from management.

Additionally, I learned a good deal of the background of the events surrounding the threat to my career the last 60 days, and I mostly trust the source of said information that it is true. Basically boils down to a lot of political BS.

So, while it's been agonizing and torturous from time to time along this part of the journey, I must say, in the end, it's been worthwhile. Further evidence that there is no substitute for experience, and good / bad / horrible / indifferent, it always ends in a worthwhile lesson learned.

Spoken like a true Project Manager ... and a damn good one too ;-)

Progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home