01 August 2006

My Life Needs TiVo ...


Do you ever have those moments, or extended periods of time in your life where you wish you could just fast-forward to the next part? The really good part?

As my mind's Hidden Observer watched my mood rapidly decline on the way into work this morning, the Ego battles the Id and Superego in search of middle ground, it occurred to me that perhaps from time to time, we need a Life TiVo.

Part of the beauty of life's journey is learning to appreciate the bitter, so the sweet is much sweeter, and as a result, we find ourselves enjoying life's journey rather than dreading it, right?

Could it be I'm starting to enjoy the journey?

I think I'm getting there ... the more s@#t that piles on (self-induced or not), I manage to remain calmer than I can ever remember. (ok, for the most part ...) Progress!

If Life TiVo existed, today I'd TiVo through this extended set of life's commercials, perhaps through this entire episode.
Skip to the next episode where our protagonist can finally reach her landlord and get the home air conditioner fixed in the middle of a record heat wave.
Or the episode after that where she finally musters up the courage and the right words to call a couple of potential job contacts, and perhaps land in a happier career place.
Perhaps the one where our heroine successfully fights the Word Vomit Nausea, and manages through the 60 Day Review in 90 Day Probation Purgatory with Boss Nazi.
Maybe the episode where she finally gets her financial s#%t together.
Really looking forward to the season finale where she finally lets go of her history, heartstrings and all, and moves on with her life.

After further review, it appears this season actually looks fairly promising ... perhaps even worth of a Season Pass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home