25 July 2006

Post Vacation Purgatory

Ah, vacation.

Wonderfully blissful days away from work that our employers are so kind to offer.

Days that we generate more stress to make sure everything is squared away so we can leave our co-workers to handle our work while we're away.

Days spent realizing that like Peter Gibbons ala "Office Space", we really don't like our jobs and we don't think we're going to go anymore.

Oh, and realizing that we really like doing nothing ... absof#$inglutely nothing at all (except fishing, eating, napping and reading).

I was lucky enough to spend a blissful 2 1/2 weeks of vacation (one week unpaid) away (mostly) from my Professional Purgatory, visiting family and friends, fishing, and pondering long and hard about what I want to be when I grow up.

Still no answer on the grown-up plan, but I did figure out a few things:
- I REALLY need to leave current company
- I think current company may be working on firing me (returned from vacation even more persona non grata than before)
- I'd LOVE to simplify my life, move back to my Homeland (not Hometown, tho), and find a simpler gig for less money
- Financially, the above idea is impossible
- I LOVE fishing
- It's perfectly ok to try to talk a worm onto your hook ... in fact, I think it serves for better karma with other creatures
- There is such a thing as too much Chinese food
- McDonald's fries are their own food group, and likely contain some controlled substance for they are SO freakin good and addictive
- Canada rocks!

More to follow soon. Back to work and job hunting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home